We know and understand there are many factors that come into play when researching and selecting a young adult transitional program. As the parent or loved one of a young adult who has struggled to launch successfully, you want to ensure the program you choose meets all of your requirements. One of the most important criteria for enrollment at Red Mountain Sedona having the student and their family on board with treatment and continued outside support and structure in order to facilitate healthy growth and independence. Admitting your child into treatment can be overwhelming. Our process is designed to determine if Red Mountain is a good fit for your family by learning about you and your student’s particular needs. Below is a step-by-step explanation of our process.
Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification and support. We will stay with you from start to finish.
Step by Step Process:
1. Family/Consultant/Provider – Contact our Admissions Team to discuss the potential student to learn more and determine if appropriate for admission.
We are available to answer your questions.
2. Family or Potential student (if access is available) Complete the online application.
3. We require all young adults to complete at least a 30-day primary treatment program, such as wilderness therapy or residential treatment, and are abstaining from substance use.
4. Family/Consultant/Provider – Share any previous psychological evaluations or testing within the last 2 years.
5. A comprehensive review is done with our team of information to ensure that the Student is appropriate for Admission. This includes conversations with current provider and all parties.
6. After gathering all information – A call is scheduled with the Prospective student and our Executive team to answer any questions they may have about Red Mountain Sedona, as well as final evaluation for admission approval
7. Upon Red Mountain Sedona confirming Student is Approved for Admission, and Student accepts admission…Logistics and final paperwork begin, enrollment date is confirmed.
Students can be admitted Monday – Thursday. Arrival time will be determined based on day of week and arrival method for student. We recommend direct transition from program to program. This ensures a student’s continued sobriety and reduces anxiety for both student and family during the transition.
In an effort for students and families to have a smooth transition to RMS, we do schedule enrollments Monday thru Thursday. This allows clients and families to have availability of Executive, Administrative, and Clinical teams upon arrival. **We do not accept weekend or after-hour enrollments**
If Family is driving the student to Red Mountain – arrival time will be determined based on the day of arrival – We estimate that the family will be onsite approximately 2 hours. This allows time for a tour of our main buildings, introductory meeting with the students primary Therapist, and to meet members of the Executive team before departure.
If Student is transitioning without family – RMS will send a staff driver to meet student at the airport baggage claim. Flights should arrive at either Phoenix Sky Harbor no later than 3 pm MST, as there is a 2-hour drive to Sedona. There is a $300 transportation charge for this service.
**This is a general guideline for the admissions process, we understand that each student and family faces unique circumstances and cases are reviewed on an individual basis**
We Can Help You Or A Loved One
Main Office 928-284-2690
Contact Us Now or Call 24 – Hour Admissions 855-998-5272
Red Mountain Sedona is a premier young adult transition program, built on the shoulders of some of the most experienced and well-respected individuals in the field of young adult treatment. Most of our core staff has worked together for years, in some cases for decades, and collectively our team possesses over 150 years of professional clinical experience.