Red Mountain Sedona Admissions
We understand there are many factors that come into play when researching and selecting a transitional program. As a young adult or loved one, you want to ensure the program you choose meets all of your requirements.
One of the most important criteria for enrollment at Red Mountain Sedona is having the student and their family on board with treatment and continued outside support and structure in order to facilitate healthy growth and independence.
Our process is designed to determine if Red Mountain is a good fit for your family by learning about you and your student’s particular needs.
Below is a step-by-step explanation of our process. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification and support. We will stay with you from start to finish.
- Family/Consultant/Provider – Contact our Admissions Team to discuss the potential student to learn more and determine if appropriate for admission.
- Family or potential student (if available) completes the online application.
- We typically ask that all students complete at least a 30-day primary treatment program, such as wilderness therapy or residential treatment, and to be abstinent from substance use. The primary treatment program requirement is waived in some cases, if a student has had past treatment and is showing a high level of willingness to engage with us.
- Family/Consultant/Provider – Share any previous psychological evaluations or testing within the last 2 years.
- A comprehensive review is done with our team of information to ensure that the student is appropriate for admission. This includes conversations with current provider and all parties.
- After gathering all information, a call is scheduled with the prospective student and our Executive team to answer any questions they may have about Red Mountain Sedona, as well as to conduct a final evaluation for admission approval.
- Upon Red Mountain Sedona confirming student’s approval for admission, if family and student choose to proceed with us, logistics and final paperwork begin, and enrollment date is confirmed. Intake forms are sent electronically, and request for all required information (medical records, therapist referral, immunization record, school paperwork). All enrollment documents must be completed and returned prior to student enrollment.
Students can be admitted Monday – Thursday. Arrival time will be determined based on day of week and arrival method for student. We recommend direct transition from program to program. This ensures a student’s continued therapeutic progress, and reduces the anxiety level for both student and family during the transition.
If family is driving the student to Red Mountain, arrival time will be determined based on the day of arrival. We estimate that the family will be onsite approximately 2 hours. This allows time for a tour of our main buildings, introductory meeting with the student’s care team, and to meet members of the Executive team before departure.
If student is transitioning without family, RMS will send a staff driver to meet student at the airport baggage claim. Flights should arrive at either Phoenix Sky Harbor no later than 3 pm MST, as there is a 2-hour drive to Sedona. There is a $300 transportation charge for this service.
WE CAN HELP YOU OR A LOVED ONE
MAIN OFFICE 928-284-2690
CONTACT US NOW OR CALL 24 – HOUR ADMISSIONS 855-998-5272
We believe in respectful treatment of our students, family members, and staff while providing a safe and supportive environment. We provide a system to ensure that the students’ and family members’ rights are preserved and protected. These rights are outlined in the handbook given to you upon admission.
For all clinical services, confidentiality is ensured by our legal responsibility as mandated by state and federal law. Each staff member is dedicated to upholding these standards in all communications and records.
Students are responsible for making their own travel arrangements. If traveling by plane, bus or train without family assistance, a staff member will meet you at the baggage claim area when you disembark. We will need a physical description, so we know for whom to look.
Red Mountain Sedona does not bill insurance companies directly but can provide itemized breakdowns of Therapeutic Services for financial sponsors to submit to their insurance company. If approved by insurance these reimbursable costs are paid directly to the family or young adult. The amount of reimbursement varies based on the insurance company and policy. Insurance companies typically reimburse for individual, family and group therapy.