COVID-19 Prevention Plan
The Red Mountain Programs are closely monitoring information surrounding the COVID-19 virus, and we are notifying all members of our program community of the preventative steps we are taking to protect our staff and students. We will continue to keep everyone, including staff, students, parents and referral partners updated in the days ahead.
In addition, we are strictly following the CDC recommendations for prevention of the Coronavirus including implementation of proactive measures for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and linens. We have also held both staff trainings and student instructional groups on preventative hygiene measures. An outline of those specific practices can be found here https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/cleaning-disinfection.html
Red Mountain Programs have implemented the following preventative Measures as recommended by the CDC :
- Established a revised screening process for admissions, including questions about recent fevers, travel overseas, and family members’ potential risk factors for the virus. Anyone posing a risk to our treatment centers will not be admitted.
- Implemented mandatory training for every employee on hand washing and hand sanitization and cough etiquette, and strict employee, student and visitor compliance with washing/sanitizing hands thoroughly in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Increased availability and use of alcohol-based hand rubs and making sure that tissues are available and sinks are well stocked with soap and paper towels for hand washing.
- Distributed flu prevention information and instructed staff to stay home if they are sick pursuant to CDC recommendations.
- Increased sanitization of equipment and by having the staff disinfect surfaces and doorknobs on a daily basis.
- Posted signs in all treatment areas and residences explaining the importance of hand sanitation, and illness prevention.
Additionally we advise that all families and potential visitors to either of the Red Mountain Programs adhere to the following guidelines recommended by the CDC:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze in the crook of your elbow – NOT in your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- If you have not received the regular flu shot, you should do so immediately.
The Red Mountain programs remain committed to staying current with the evolution of this health concern and we will continue to implement best practices pursuant to CDC guidelines for minimizing risk. Our students’ safety is our top priority and we will continue to assess this situation and provide updates.
More information about the coronavirus can be found at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus